Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Totally Un-Craft related...

Ok.. so life happens, we all can't stay home and craft 24-7 like we want to.. or at least like I want to. I work a full time job, and take care of 3 girls and my husband. Well my husband is pretty self-sufficient (wink). So what is a girl to do, especially when she has a blog about crafting but has yet to post anything crafty on her site???
She changes the subject.... drastically!

Weight! It's the one thing that I despise. I just can't get motivation to do what I need to do, lose it! I know how, believe me, I've done it before, I was in the Army and I know what I need to do. It's just getting myself out of bed that I can't seem to do, and it seems like that would be the easiest part!

I can make an excuse for everything, life is too busy, I'm tired, I'm sick, I'm sick and tired, I have to do this, or that, I have no time, I'm not a morning person, my knee hurts, my back hurts, I have a migraine.... I'm sure I'm not the only one that complains but really, I can go on and on and I'm not sure why since the only one I'm hurting is myself. It's pathetic really... I'm smart about it really, I know the pros and cons and I know how to lose the weight.. and unfortunately I also know how to AVOID losing the weight.
So as always my number 1 New Year Resolution for 2011 is to lose weight, 40 pounds to be precise! I've gained these 40 pounds over about 5 years so I'm hoping to really get them off this year and keep them off! 
So step one to losing weight, join a gym...
Check! I joined Snap Fitness, close to home!
Step two to losing weight... GO TO THE GYM! I have yet to check that off since I've only been a member for less than 24 hours... Step three.... cut out sugars, for me this is a HUGE part of my downfall! I LOVE chocolate, I love cake, I love chocolate cake, cookies, ice cream, well you get the idea. Sugar is my BFF.
Step four... create a do-able schedule, which for me means I need to wake up at o'dark thirty to work out otherwise by the evening I have no energy to run or sweat or even think about running.
Step five.. which really should be step ONE, stop making excuses!

So since I skipped the gym this morning, I get to go home and make myself do this...

Last chance workout!!!! I {heart} Jillian... really I do..
So, while you all are enjoying the comforts of your couch, and dinner, and whatever else you do on Tuesday night, I will be working out.. then I will be watching the new episode of The Biggest Loser on tonight.
Just send some motivational thoughts my way, I need them.... BADLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment